1. Who is Major General Kayanja Muhanga?
Kayanja Muhanga is a Ugandan army officer . He is currently The Commander In Chief of the armed forces.
2. Who promoted Kayanja Muhanga as the Commander In Chief of the armed forces?
On October 4, 2022, Maj. Kayanja Muhanga was promoted to Lt. General by the commander in chief of the UPDF Rt. Gen, Yoweri Museveni just after promoting his son Lt. Muhoozi Kainerugaba to full-star General.
3. What is Kayanja Muhanga’s family background?
Kayanja Muhanga was born in 1965 to Mzee Phillip Muhanga family of Fort Portal.
He is a brother to Hon. Margaret Muhanga is a renowned legislator in the Ugandan Parliament and an older brother to journalist Andrew Mwenda.
- Advertisement -
4. What is ’s educational background?
Kayanja Muhanga attended Duhaga Secondary School in Hoima district and later Mpanga Day School, in Fort Portal.
In 1985, he dropped out of school and joined the National Resistance Army.
5. When did kayanja Muhanga begin his military career?
- He joined the NRA at the rank of private, serving in that position until NRA captured power in 1986. He served in the military police unit based in Kasese.
- He served in the Presidential Protection Unit at the rank of private from 1986 until 1988. Following the Junior Cadet Officer Course, he served in the office of the Chief of Combat Operations, at the rank of second lieutenant.
- He was transferred to the Directorate of Military Intelligence in 1990, serving there until 1993.
- From 1993 until 1997, he served as the Intelligence Officer, attached to the UPDF barracks in Mubende.
- He was assigned to the Joint Anti-Terrorism Taskforce, at the rank of captain.
- He was promoted to Major, Lieutenant Colonel, and colonel and was posted to Mogadishu, Somalia, as part of the UPDF contingent to AMISOM. While there, he commanded Uganda’s “Battle Group Eight” and concurrently served as the deputy commander for the Ugandan contingent in Somalia.
- After his tour of duty, he served as the Chief of the Military Police in the UPDF, until January 2014. In January 2014, Colonel Kayanja Muhanga was appointed Commander of the UPDF Operations in South Sudan. In February 2014, he was promoted to the rank of Brigadier.
6. What is Kayanja Muhanga’s military education?
- Kayanja Muhanga attended the Cadet Officers Course at the Uganda Military Academy in 1988. a course at Jinja with, among others, Rwanda’s Gen. James Kabarebe.
- He graduated as a commissioned officer and was posted together with a squad of about 30 other officers under the office of The Chief of Combat Operations (CCO).
- They were specifically concerned with the logistical backing to the SPLA in Sudan At that time, the school was located at Quaddafi Barracks in Jinja, Eastern Uganda, before it was relocated to Kabamba, in the Mubende district.
7. What is Kayanga Muhanga’s net worth?
Kayanja Muhanga has an estimated net worth of $1-5 Million